Friday, December 18, 2009

Update: UBC Self-reporting Process

I have just received an e-mail from Andrew Arida, associate director of enrolment at UBC.

In regards to self-reporting grades, as I have mentioned earlier, UBC will only accept grades from two sources: your self-reported grade from an actual report card, or grades that are sent to them by the Ministry of Education. A student asked earlier if you are supposed to report your first term grades, your second term grades, or a blended first-second term set of grades.

According to Mr. Arida, UBC wants its applicants to report their SECOND TERM GRADES, since those grades, barring errors, should match the grades sent to them through the Ministry of Education. So, to avoid any confusions or delays in your application process, please make sure that you self-report your second term percentages when you are prompted to do so in your UBC application (you can still apply to UBC prior to this date, of course, and should).

I hope this help clarifies the situation. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

As for VLN grades, as I have said in my last post, please make sure you are at least 50% through the course by March 1. This is the condition that VLN has set for its teachers to do the paper work to submit your marks to the Ministry. Still, you must ask your VLN teacher to submit the interim grade on your behalf.

1 comment:

  1. Mr Leung!

    I'm applying to Carleton University, and I want to try for the Prestige Scholarships (http://www2.carleton.ca/awards/scholarships/entrance-scholarships-for-new-students/prestige/). They want my marks by March 1!

    Is there any way I can get my term 2/interim marks before March 1? I really don't want to submit my term 1 marks, as they are definitely not the 90% average Carleton is looking for. Just wondering if I would be able to submit a makeshift report card, or if there's no hope for me.

    - Smriti.

    ReplyDelete